Monday, June 8, 2009

Challenge 4 Results

Welcome back yet again everyone, I hope the summer's going weel. I'm delighted to say that everyone got an entry in this week, even if it took a little extra time for me to get my stuff in gear...well, it also means that I am not delighted to have to cut another contestant this fine fine June evening.

Challenge Four: So, after this week, I realized you guys need to let loose-some JOY needs to be brought back into this competition [And it will only get more excieting from here...]

And so, you guys are going to Prom.

You may recall the episode from the show Project Polyvore is based on- a whole lot of madness. Fortunately for you, I'm going to let you pick your own 'clients', all of which have a set of demands for their perfect night. You not only will find them the perfect outfit and accesories as their personal stylist, but also must find a ride, a date, a corsage, and any other details you can think of to include. BE CREATIVE. But respect the client's wishes. I don't care if all this is included in the description, a seperate set, or as pictures in the background, but you MUST include other details for this girl's...most magical night. Come up with a story if you have to.
WE DON'T WANT SAFE!
Got it?

And for the most part, everyone seems to be doing a little better, and some of you did reach outside your comfort zone. At least this week there weren't as many judges comments with the word 'boring' or 'safe involved, and that's always good. Not to mention, the scores are still pretty gosh darn close.

But 6 of you stood out from the 12, for both posative and negative reasons...

Mandy
Heyheyy
Manda
Lola
Soraya
and Fashionistax

you represent the highest and lowest scores this week.

and Mandy, Manda, and Lola
you girls are at the top.

TOP

This week for critique, I will include the other 2 judge's comments as well as my own [if it doesn't echo what's already been said.]

Mandy- "I liked this one. It’s old-Hollywood in all its details; the car, the red nail polish, the fur wrap and of course the dress. The lay-out is also pretty on the eye, but it could have been stretched a bit more to the sides, and make more room to display the accessories. But I like the text and the images in the background."
"I get glam and hollywood, but not OLD hollywood. The stole is a step in the right direction, but the bandage dresses are just too modern-looking. Plus they are pretty edgy-along with those heels. I'm not sure if that would be considered school-appropriate!"
Regarding layout, I do agree with the first one. You consistantly do some of the best, but just a little adjustments in size, and you would've nailed it. And although the dress may seem modern, I think you captured the character very well, even w/o a story.

Lola- "Love this. It definitely fits the character as the outfit is a piece of art itself. The cool thing about this set is that it doesn’t even need a story. The skirt/dress does seem a bit on the short side but I think it breathes a fun, young, artsy person who goes to prom."
"I love it. I can totally see some of these type girls that I went to highschool with wearing this."
Your story was fun, but it's true, the set speaks on it's own. Alice was my favorite, and I could definately see myself wearing something cool like this to prom- and i love how you made it out of different pieces.. Plus, your layout is back on track from the last two challenges. Very very nice!

Manda- "I like how she nailed her character’s wishes. It’s pastel, it’s romantic, it’s very pretty. The lay-out could be improved, though."
"Score. So vintage and so contemporary. The dress paired with that divine jacket are just perfection."
So let's talk about your layout: It looks like your were on the right track, but published it too early-don't get me wrong, it's not terrible by any means- the items you used are cohesive and lovely! But, with all the white space on the right, and all the accesories jumbled in the left, it creates a top heavy appearance.

So thanks girls!
But one of you scored just a tad higher than the others....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
Manda.
.
.
.
.
You haven't won. But you're getting there! Keep working hard...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.

..

.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Lola, Mandy.....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

..

.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Congradulations...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

..

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
..

.
LOLA!
You rocked it this week girl, so brilliant! With your win, you've recieved immunity and can not be eliminated no matter what you turn in for the next challenge.
Thank you too, Mandy. Very very good stuff this week.

Now, before we get to you other three ladies and the more nerve racking part of this post, let's talk about you inbetweenies.
That's all the rest of you.

IN
[from highest to lowest score.]

Ellie- "It’s bright, it’s fun, it’s youthful. The brightest out of all the sets, it could have been more prom-focused though. Although the outfit is nice for prom, it could have also been for any other nightly outing, wish she could have integrated the prom aspect more."
"She definitely pays attention to details. The sequined shoes, the ruffled and pleated dress, the bumblebee necklace. It's cute and bright and bubbly."
I agree with both these ladies. The dress you chose, btw, is perfection, and this is a fine example of how mosaic can be done.

Tripmywire- "I think she has a cute story and I think the outfit represents the character, however I’m not that crazy about the lay-out. And if it wasn’t for the story it would necessarily make for a prom set, though I do think the outfit sort of represents the chosen character."
"I like the story and the thought and effort that took to make the set, but with the exception of the shoes, I don't see tomboy or grunge here."
You took a risk in client chose as well as changing up layout styles, and for me this payed off. Like the first judge said, it's not really 'prom' in its traditional sense, but it /was/ Tommy and that's more important.
Another judge was unable to complete all her scores in time, but she did get to your's. She called it 'Nerd chic without the cliches. Your client looks snazzy!' and was excieted about Micheal Cera and your new style. The dress also reminded her of the dress The Ugly One wears in this cartoon: http://homestarrunner.com/tgs15.html
[Suiting enough, it's prom themed too. =D]

Incubeautee-"I’m not a fan of this set. Is it wearable? It looks more like an expensive wedding, I wouldn’t find this suitable for prom. Maybe a different dress would have interested me more. The set lay-out is pretty, though. And she also was quite creative with her character."
"It's a pretty dress, but I don't really see a geek wearing anything this pretty. She said she went with a medieval princess theme, but the clutter in the set is the only place I get that vibe from. I feel like she could have done more with the actual outfit. The set is just too cluttered, it's difficult to distinguish the accessories from the background."
I really liked your set, personally. Like it's been said, its not exactly what I had in mind when I said 'geek', but it's much cooler than what I was expecting. I do like your fairy tale idea a lot though. As for clutter, that is happening too...but it's more balanced than some of your past entries have been, and, to stay true to your set making style, I think it's on the riht track.

The Bradlo- "I also found this set mediocre, it’s not exciting and I also don’t think the items match…first of, how will you ever be able to wear that tuxedo blazer over that dress. And I don’t think the red clutch works unless there was something else that was red in the outfit. Lots of nice pieces, but will they work together? I do think she sort of sticked to her client’s wishes."
"I love the dress and the tux jacket with the shoes. Definitely edgy. Overall, I think it speaks a lot about her character. I think it is well put together. A little safe maybe, but pleasing choices."
While I do agree more with the second judge, the first does make some points-try to consider the oufit as a whole, IRL. And maybe, in the interest of staying afloat in this compition, try something new with layout style?

Sarah- "Okay, I think the three sets were not that necessary. I think if she used some of the images of the third set and integrated them in the first one it would have been quite spectacular, I think. It’s a darling outfit, and it fits the character. It’s better than last weeks, for sure."
"Definitely dramatic vampire chic, but still boring somehow..."
I completely agree with the first judge. Your first set was so pretty!, that the extra two sort of destracted from it.

BBGal- "I’m really confused, the story is cute and I think it sort of fits the character, but I’m still not feeling it. The colors seem to clash badly, and the dress stands out on its own so I don’t really understand the belt AND the necklaces. The shoes are hot, yet the earrings and ring don’t match at all and throw everything off. I’m torn. Good choice of jacket which has to be said."
"I really like the choices in this, I just wish the dress was a bit more "prom." You can still be crazy and have a more formal-looking dress. The presentation is a bit disorganized, but overall I like the look here."
You really did pay attention to your girl, right down to the hair, but what the first judge makes since. It's like you almost got a little...carried away. I am very excieted to see the main outfit a different color than black, though.

Right, so that's all of you. Thank you, loves, and will see you all in challenge 5.


So...now it's time for the hard part...

Heyheyy
Soraya
and Fashionistax.

you three represent the lowest scores this week...

BOTTOM

Heyheyy- "Great choice of dress for that particular character, but oh my did she overdo it with the accessories and shoes. It’s all the same…but somehow she did find a necklace that is not purple or yellow, but it immediately makes it look out of place. If she had just chosen different accessories and shoes."
"It's an ok outfit. It certainly is a bold pattern, but I don't get retro from it. The accessories are not quirky to me either- they are just matchy, matchy."
The third judge got to you as well, and her comments echoed the bit about it not being retro, or particuarly prom-like.
Overall, you have improved from your other sets-at least it's not entirely safe. With a different bag, bracelets, and shoes, the overall set could've been loads better. In particular the shoes.

Soraya- "Hmm, these three sets don’t seem exciting at all. If she had make better use of the space in the first one, she could have be done with just one great set. Much like Sarah, although her set was much better on other fronts. This one lacks in fashionability as well as creativity. It isn’t even a prom outfit, even for an earthy chick who like eco chic’no chicness here. It’s more a day in the park with your, it’s too woody and earthy…"
"I think she was headed in the right direction, but fell a little short. This looks more like a day at an outdoor concert than prom. The guy's outfit is totally appropriate, but the girl's is totally mismatched. There are other ways she could have pulled off "eco chic" without being so casual and mousy."
Hmmm...I agree with the girls on this one. The feather hair piece was a great place to draw inspiration from, and you could've taken off with that route.

Fashionistax- "The dress and accessories are ok. A little plain, and frankly hard to see they are so small! The set looks like it wants to be a collage and wants to be a mosaic. Kinda confusing. Plus the 3 girls makes it hard to concentrate on the rest of the set..."
"Hmm, I don’t know. It’s a mosaic on the left and more theatrical on the right. It’s two styles, it’s confusing and not that pretty. The character is rather blandly interpreted."
After last week's set, I think the trouble is that we were expecting more out of you. I mean, you got the flowy and jingly down, and I would've liked to have read your story [really sorry to hear it wasn't salvaged in the comp crash D=], but it all just sort of got lost in the presentation.

And so, which one of you has not made the cut?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Heyheyy...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Breathe a sigh of relief, you still have another chance to show us what you've got.
.
..
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
Fashionista, Soraya....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.

.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Fashionista.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

You are...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
,
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.

.
.
.
.
Safe.

Which means, I am so sosososo sorry, Moneyonice aka Soraya, you have been eliminated from Project Polyvore.
But look how much farther you made it than last time! You really have come along, and I hope to still see you around.
[In fact, if any past contestants would like to judge, just let me know.]

So thank you everyone, and have a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment