Monday, June 22, 2009

Challenge 6 Entries

Tripmywire


1. Something my mother would have worn. My mom liked tassels. Still does. Hippie. Hence the tasseled handbag.

2. Item from my first set. The vest.

3. Shoes you wouldn't wear. I think they're beautiful. Until I think about wearing them. Then, not so much. Not wearable in the least.

4. Top from favorite brand. La Garconne. The tank.

5. Something I can't live without. Glasses. I'm damn near blind without them.

6. Song from friend's favorite band. Most of my friends are pretty obsessed with Lady Gaga.

7. Something stolen from the duckie. The bracelet.

8. Gossip Girl headband. Since a bow wouldn't fit into the style of this outfit, I grabbed a wide feather headband. So, it's like my own twist on Gossip Girl attire.

9. A jacket fit for a rockstar. Pretty self-explanatory.

10. Movie jewelry. The feather ring. Totally makes me think of Pocahontas.

11. Favorite quote. A portion of it. Since it is so damn long.

12. Purple. The second ring.

13. Bottom from least favorite brand. American Eagle...Who actually likes American Eagle?

14. Foto Decadent picture.

15. Food I've never tried. Sushi. I'm actually vegetarian, so most sushi is off-limits. But I've never tried the vegetarian stuff either.

16. Something that inspires you. Milk for Harvey Milk. Courageous people inspire me. BTW, have you seen the movie? If you haven't, you should.



Sarah


1. Something your mother would have worn when she was your age:
My mother is a survivor of the Killing Fields in Cambodia, and they were forced to wear all black, so that shirt/blouse you see that the girl-model-person wearing is what my mother would have worn.
2. An item from your first set (the first that is still published so we can check):
http://www.polyvore.com/sunny_spring_clothes/set?id=313573
I used both the headband and the pearls.
3. A pair of shoes you normally wouldn't wear:
The D&G shoes...
4. A top from your favorite store or brand:
I like Forever 21 for their awesome prices. (:
5. Something you can't truly live without:
Undies. I'd really rather not go commando, thank you very much.
6. A song by your friend's favorite band:
Rooney?
7. Something from Ducktape's poly-closet:
The necklace with the 3 crosses.
8. A gossip-girl-esque headband:
The satin one you see there. It's also from my first set.
9. A jacket fit for a rock star:
The leather moto one by A.P.C.
10. A piece of jewelry that reminds you of a movie or tv show:
The two rings remind me of Slytherin, which reminds me of Harry Potter.
11. Your favorite quote:
"A rose that blooms before its time falls to the February frost." I have no idea where its from, but I remember it from several years ago. Nothing comes up on Google, either.
12. Something purple:
The Color Purple by Alice Walker. (;
It's on my list of books to read.
13. A bottom from your least favorite brand or store:
The shorts from Wet Seal.
14. A picture from foto_decadent:
The man between the biggest picture of the girl-model-person w/ the black blouse and the leather jacket.
15. A food or food type you have never tried:
Wine. I've had other alcoholic beverages, but I can't remember if I've had wine or not.
16. Something that inspires you:
That red Stanford logo. My brother inspires me because he got into Stanford w/ a full ride.


The Bradlo


1. The skirt is super 80's
2. The sunglasses
3.The shoes are a little much for me to wear everyday
4. i love lagarconne
5. i can't live without my ipod
6. My friend is OBSESSED with the beatles
7. the ring
8. the little bow on the headband is very blair waldorf
9. the jacket :P
10. on America's Next Top Model there was a dress that had things that looked just like that necklace hanging all over it
11. My life has no title, just a bunch of headlines
12. The eyeshadow
13. i don't like charlotte russe
14. the photo
15. im not old enough for alcohol soo...
16. i am inspired by life


Lola


1. The Kate Spade Hula bag- My mom went to Hawaii for the first time when she was my age. She fell in love with the islands and actually refused to come back for a while. When she was forced to return, she loved everything that reminded her of Hawaii. Thus, a "hula bag" would have been right up her alley.
2. The bangles were in my first set. Yuck: http://www.polyvore.com/treasure_hunt/set?id=1345926
3. I normally don't foray into heels, and when I do they aren't cream colored. I'm not a fan of the color at all!
4. Favorite store: Delia's!
5. Those are actually my CK glasses. I have them on my face as we speak.. or type. Whatev. I would find it very hard to live without them.
6. My friend unfortunately loves Gwen Stefani.. eww.
7. I took the Rubix cube necklace.
8. Floral headband on the right hand side.
9. Red biker jacket.. duh.
10. The monkey ring reminds of both "The Jungle Book," and "Ace Ventura: Pet Detective."
11. And at that moment, I swear we were infinite.- Perks of Being a Wallflower
12. Purple brooch
13. I'm not a fan of abercrombie
14. Zee ugly photo from foto_decadent
15. I've never had one of those huge fuck off lollipops
16. I'm tres inspired by Fafi and all of her amazing drawings.


Incubeautee


1. something your mother would have worn when she was your age - my mom was in her 20s in the 1970s. she dressed almost exactly like the girl in the top photo...hot pants and neck ties hahaha.
2. an item from your first set (the first that is still published so we can check) - well my first set is not visible because of the copyright..so the set that shows as my first has the "luck" heart ring that i adore.
3. a pair of shoes you normally wouldn't wear - never been into the whole victorian look
4. a top from your favorite store or brand - forever21 chiffon top
5. something you can't truly live without - black eyeliner! it's an everyday staple.
6. A song by your friend's favorite band - praise chorus by jimmy eat world. this particular song really resonates with me especially since im 25 now. it relates to the quote i chose too. listen to it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCOO5ZlUfvU
7. something from my ducktape's poly-closet - that sweeet cross necklace
8. a gossip-girl-esque headband - satin bow headband
9. A jacket fit for a rock star - nothin says rock star like Balmain. Sleek, black, shine, and bling!
10. a piece of jewelry that reminds you of a movie or tv show - the black pearl ring reminds me of pirates of the carribbean curse of the black pearl of course!
11. your favorite quote - "it's never too late to be who you might have been." -george eliot
12. Something purple - sequin wallet
13. a bottom from your least favorite brand or store - cropped boyfriend jeans from aeropostale.
14. A picture from foto_decadent. [ http://community.livejournal.com/foto_decadent/ ] - the calvin klein picture which i think is super sexy.
15. a food or food type you have never tried - im a food connoisseur, so there isnt much i havent tried. but caviar is one of those few things that i havent gotten interested in enough to ever try.
16. something that inspires you - luella's runway designs inspired me to be a fashion designer.


BBGal


1. something your mother would have worn when she was your age. [The necklace. My mom loves unusual jewelry.]
2. an item from your first set (the first that is still published so we can check). [The silver belt. It's pretty cool actually. First set in all its awfulness: http://www.polyvore.com/pretty_blue/set?id=2308805]
3. a pair of shoes you normally wouldn't wear. [The boots. I'd much rather wear some sandals or something.]
4. a top from your favorite store or brand. [I love love love Palmercash.com's tees!]
5. something you can't truly live without. [The earphones... which stand for, music. :)]
6. A song by your friend's favorite band. [Cadillac Sky.]
7. something from my own poly-closet [The eyeliner.]
8. a gossip-girl-esque headband. [The headband with the big ol' bow.]
9. A jacket fit for a rock star [Leather jacket. Looked pretty rock star-ish to me.]
10. a piece of jewelry that reminds you of a movie or tv show. [There was this girl in the Clique movie who had a bag that looked like a boombox and played music. The ring reminded me of that. Random, right?]
11. your favorite quote. [On the bottom part. The full quote is 'How in the world did we get this far, holding on to the tail of a shooting star?' It's Sam Bush. :]
12. Something purple [The nail polish.
13. a bottom from your least favorite brand or store [The topshop skirt. Topshop stuff is used all the time and I don't like to use what everyone else is using.
14. A picture from foto_decadent. [ http://community.livejournal.com/foto_decadent/ ] [The photo ;)]
15. a food or food type you have never tried. [I've never drank starbucks o.o]
16. something that inspires you. [My mandolin. That's what that headstock is over on the left side of the set. ;)]



Ellie



1. something your mother would have worn when she was your age..........belt

2. an item from your first set..........chanel nail polish

3. a pair of shoes you normally wouldn't wear..........YSL cage sandals

4. a top from your favorite store or brand..........topshop-Kurt Tribute Vest

5. something you can't truly live without.........my sunglasses

6. A song by your friend's favorite band..........aerosmith-crazy

7. something from my own poly-closet..........http://www.polyvore.com/obashop.com_camisetas_babylooks_bottons_t%C3%AAnis/thing?id=6096533

8. a gossip-girl-esque headband..........aerie bow headband

9. A jacket fit for a rock star..........white leather jacket

10. a piece of jewelry that reminds you of a movie or tv show..........skull ring-pirates of the caribbean(jack sparrow)

11. your favorite quote.........."hold your head high gorgeous they will kill to see you fall"

12. Something purple..........Delfina Delettrez ring

13. a bottom from your least favorite brand or store..........Abercrombie & Fitch shorts

14. A picture from foto_decadent..........http://www.polyvore.com/foto_decadent_denise_gr%C3%BCnstein_annika_aschberg/thing?id=5590355

15. a food or food type you have never tried..........sushi

16. something that inspires you..........family.friends.music.



Manda


1. something your mother would have worn when she was your age.
the tunic.
This item was the hardest to find probably since my mother was in a very poor country when she was my age and didn't care about clothes. :x
2. an item from your first set (the first that is still published so we can check).
the perfume.
3. a pair of shoes you normally wouldn't wear.
the Alexander Wang ones. They look cool, but I would never wear them.
4. a top from your favorite store or brand.
Forever 21 plaid shirt
5. something you can't truly live without.
music notes.
6. A song by your friend's favorite band.
Relient K
7. something from my own poly-closet
the octopus ring
8. a gossip-girl-esque headband.
the headband
9. A jacket fit for a rock star
the leather jacket
10. a piece of jewelry that reminds you of a movie or tv show.
the purple and pink ring. It reminds me of Aladdin.
11. your favorite quote.
the top quote. "Love is the Answer"
12. Something purple
the bag
13. a bottom from your least favorite brand or store
hollister skinny jeans. bleh.
14. A picture from foto_decadent. [ http://community.livejournal.com/foto_decadent/ ]
the gun picture haha
15. a food or food type you have never tried.
pinkberry. I have never tried it yet. I'm anticipating it though. haha
16. something that inspires you
love.



Mandy


1. something your mother would have worn when she was your age.
- those YSL sunglasses. Back in the eighties she was my age. She has a couple still.

2. an item from your first set (the first that is still published so we can check).
- it's the ring on the mannequin, it was in my (horrible) first set.

3. a pair of shoes you normally wouldn't wear.
- I don't wear nike's. Or any sneakers for that matter. But those are so unique and the print is really cool. Unexpected.

4. a top from your favorite store or brand.
- forever 21.... (:

5. something you can't truly live without.
- Contacts! I'm like honestly blind without them. I have the worse vision.... bleh.

6. A song by your friend's favorite band.
- I'm not sure it's her favorite band, but she always listens to it.

7. something from my own poly-closet
- that elephant! (: it's so cute.

8. a gossip-girl-esque headband.
- the green one. Self-explanatory.

9. A jacket fit for a rock star
- Leather jacket.

10. a piece of jewelry that reminds you of a movie or tv show.
- the necklace . . .

11. your favorite quote.
- Dr. Suess one.

12. Something purple
- that bag behind the leather jacket is purple.

13. a bottom from your least favorite brand or store
- Hollister shorts. ew.

14. A picture from foto_decadent. [ http://community.livejournal.com/foto_decadent/ ]
- the photo.

15. a food or food type you have never tried.
- I've never had raspberries. No surprise. I don't like any berries. So I never really bothered trying them.

16. something that inspires you.
- fifi. and fashion basically. (:
- - - - - - - - - - - -

is that bag purple, or am i colorblind?
just wondering.

1 comment:

  1. Aahhh I'm nervous now, lol! All of these are so great. Good luck everyone. :D

    ReplyDelete