Monday, June 29, 2009

Challenge 6 Results

Mrph. I've so been out of it lately, at least with the interwebs; not to mention connections of all sorts have been screwy the past couple days, people are off on vacation, and most my judges never reply. SO for all the reasons I apologise for procrastinating and continuously taking forever to get to these result posts.
Really though, this is still the Fastest Cycle ever. I reckon we could be done by the end of summer. Previously it took 5 months!

Well...anyway.

Recap of Challenge Six: Challenge 6-This is a pretty straight forward challenge that you're probably all familiar with-the Polyvore Scavenger Hunt! That's right, with the help of Lovelierlala, I've compiled a list of 16 items-
NO MORE NO LESS. Every item must be used in the set, and you can not include anything off the list. The goal is to get you guys to experiment with layout styles more, how to incooporate and balance items together. Do something you've never done before! Please!

So here are the items:
[First 5 were Lala's, all the rest are mine...]

1. something your mother would have worn when she was your age.
2. an item from your first set (the first that is still published so we can check).
3. a pair of shoes you normally wouldn't wear.
4. a top from your favorite store or brand.
5. something you can't truly live without.
6. A song by your friend's favorite band.
7. something from my own poly-closet
8. a gossip-girl-esque headband.
9. A jacket fit for a rock star
10. a piece of jewelry that reminds you of a movie or tv show.
11. your favorite quote.
12. Something purple
13. a bottom from your least favorite brand or store
14. A picture from foto_decadent. [ http://community.livejournal.com/foto_decadent/ ]
15. a food or food type you have never tried.
16. something that inspires you.


Now that we're getting down to the finals, entries are getting closer and closer-and finally in the good way! It's harder for us to judge and eliminate you know...

You all did well...some of you combined items-like your number 12 was also your number 9, or whatever...I never said that you couldn't, but I did say no more or less than the 16 items.
PS: Creativity was HARD to judge for this...we're mostly going to concentrate on how well you combined and presented everything...

Other than that...let's get to critiques...

Incubeautee
Lola
Mandy

You three are in the safety zone.

IN
Highest to Lowest
[I'll be posting judges comments like done a couple challenges ago...One of the judges only contributed comments this week, so I couldn't include her scores with the tallies, since she had none...but I thought it be fair to include the comments. =] ]

Mandy-"This is such a calming set…it eases me, lovely to watch at for a long period of time  I think the nude top does the trick...and then combined with those lovely sneakers (love the pattern as well), the pastel colored headband, the contacts holder, the “not really” purple bag (I forgive you), the elephant, and the raspberries. It’s all so lovely and perfect for this season. However, I don’t know if the outfit combines will really work, but the layout is just pretty"
"A word of advice: Avoid the mannequins. You can't do anything with them. I'm confused. Nothing goes together and it looks funny. :\ Use of whitespace: A-, Balance: C+. It looks a little odd."
I disagree with the second judge's comments. A lot. Though the outfit-mostly the shoes with that top-may be something strange and not quite 'fashionable', you were one of the tops in color balance. This, for me, is the key to a good scavenger hunt set. And anyway, I dig the mannequin look. It's your thing.


Lola-"She was also running for top three. The outfit is super lovely, but some of the items, like the lollipops don’t really match the matchymatchiness of the outfit and colorscheme"
"Clashy clashy clashy! The skirt is way too busy for this set. I think I get the idea? [On creativity] Nothing special. Nothing bad."
The initial outfit works very well-that is, the jacket, the shirt, the skirt, the show, the bag. It's all those rainbow colored middle items that are throwing us off. And like many others tonight, they're all hidden up in the middle...

Incubeatee-"Love it, great layout…and hooray no leather jacket. Sorry girls, but she was a bit more original with the blazer. I also like the quirkiness of the outfit, I think it’s eclectic but the headband pulls the blue together and the shoes and bag will work as real fashion pieces. Great use of the overall space, I love love love perfect squares"
" I like the dress and the jacket combo! The shoe... not so much. All together it's kind of strange, but not bad. Too much! Too much! Overload![On layout]"
I definately see some great things coming out of you, like coming up with another solution to rock star jacket than leather, as the first judge mentioned, but with so many items it does tend to get lost...

Thanks, dears. See you on the otherside.

But the question is, who will be there with you?
Who won't...

The Bradlo
Tripmywire
Sarah
Manda
Ellie
and
BBGal

Have the highest and lowest scores this week
and one of you
will be eliminated from the compition...

But in the meantime...

Tripmywire
Manda
and
Ellie.

represent the highest this week.

TOP

Tripmywire-"I just think this was an adorable outfit, I’m a bit distrected by all the white, but I often have lots of white in my own sets so don’t listen to me I think the outfit will work for sure in real life. Well thought through…points for that!"
"You pull off indie-chic very well! Was not expecting this from you. Much better than last time."
Yes, greatly improved from the slump into the bottom last week, my dear! Out of all of them, as an outfit you pulled it off the best in terms of wearablilty AND choesiveness. You managed to make American Eagle look appealing and I don't even feel compelled to give you my sushi speech =D

Manda-"It’s good enough for the next round, no winner no loser. Layout can be improved"
"I'm not as keen on the boot. It's eclectic and plaid and awesome. Everything is bunched together. Where are the bottoms?"
For me, you were one of the better ones at combining all the required items into a cohesive set..but it is getting a little bunchy...this probably has something to do with the placement of the top quote...all the little items are lost underneath. But while they're hard to see and verging of mix-matchy, they somehow all flow together alright. I'm also not sure how all the outfit pieces-the jacket+the flannel+ the shirt- would work IRL.

Ellie-"She should be happy she isn’t in my bottom three, or that there were three sets I disliked more. It’s not a pretty set, it’s too chaotic for my taste. Too much going on in the left with the outfit on the right. Not balanced."
"Heyyyyo! This is so much better than your usual... I just think it's awesome, that's all. You're still using too much stuff, though. If only a couple of the background images were removed, it would be so much better."
But of course, you had to include everything...I'm more with the first judge, you're mosaics were just so nice, I was suprised you went in this direction! On the otherhand, you had really nice outfit underneath the madness, though I may be biased because of the Kurt top...maybe a lot. =] But still, I like that the jacket wasn't BLACK and nice shoes...

.
..
.
.
.
.
.

..
.
.
.
.
..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
...
.
.
.
.
.
Manda....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
You have not won...
but I think you're improving as the weeks go on. Can't wait to see what's next. =]
.
.
.
.
.
.
Ellie, Tripmywire...
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
.
.
.
.
One of you...
is the challenge winner.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
...
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
Congradulations.....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.

.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
Tripmywire!
Excellent come back, dear. Really great stuff!
You have recieved immunity for next week and can submitt any sort of something and still be alright.
And thanks Ellie, too. Not so shabby yourself...



Now.

The Bradlo
BBGal
and Sarah.

You guessed it.
You three, unfortunately, represent the lowest three scores.

BOTTOM

The Bradlo-"I don’t wanna say it…but I miss the border  Hmm, she kept it for so long in this competition, even after we sometimes said we didn’t like it. And NOW she decides to get rid of it, a shame. I feel it’s more chaotic now. I think it fails predominantly in the lay-out. Also a shame I can’t see the top"
"I like this. But the skirt is from TopShop. You didn't follow all the rules. Not bad, not bad at all. [On creativity. What happened to your other layout. That one was much better."
I think you're sort of lost without your border, but I'm glad you tried something else, if only to make us realize how much it was working for ya. Digging deeper, I think I see how you interpretted bottoms from a place you don't like, so I don't know if it's still against the rules, but honestly that's not the penelty here...the layout is just SO choatic, there's no real sense of balance and the large items-namely the drink-are just distracting and unflattering. Outfit's not bad, but it's not shown off in a very pleasing way...

BBGal- "pink and black together is no longer in fashion, I’m sorry. The layout doesn’t work as well. Really bad round for her, looks as if she didn’t put any effort or joy in it. I always find scavenger hunts joyful, this set doesn’t look like she had fun"
"It's bordering a bit on the scene side, but I would do the same thing. It's so... casual. But it works. Use all of your white space. That's what it's for."
Alright...so the outfit...it's really not awful-I love that skirt, and the jacket, and the shoes, but all together and the way you have it in the layout it appears rather clunky. The blet is what's throwing it all out of whack, I think. Creavity wise, this is much better than last week. There's a way to use white space and still have a very effective layout...and I think you know how to do it...but all the little items crawling up the side here are just not balancing anything out quite properly with the heavy other items.

Sarah-"I’m missing some color, where’s the purple item. But on the other hand I like how she interpreted something purple and choose the book; you better watch this girl . I also like that there’s a story with the shirt, yet I don’t think it should have needed three pics of it. Now she didn’t leave enough room to show the undies (how tiny, seriously), just the overall outfit gets squashed in the right because of the shirt. Not good"
" From what I can see... it's still on the boring side, though. Wow, your mother must be a strong person. I wish this set would match. This is a hot mess. Why so messy?"
Lots of items don't seem to be your thing...and that's cool, but here it's important to go out of that comfort zone and make it work. Personally, I enjoy this set alone. But I also think that week to week we're expecting so much more out of you that's it's becoming all the same note...I swear I've seen this white tank+shorts+jacket combo before, and before I said it was a cool outfit, it's just rather...uninspired. Well, with the exception of something your mother wore. It was nice to see something powerful, besides 80's tack. Other things were also interpretted well...just very messy in the end.

And so...which must go?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.

.
..
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The Bradlo..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
You're safe once again.
..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..
.

.
.
But Sarah, BBGal...
one of you is not...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
And it was a bitch juding this...
but...it has to be done...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I am so so so sorry....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

..

.
.
.
..
.

.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
Sarah.
You have been eliminated from project polyvore.
We hate to see you go, love. You really came a long way.
And if you'd like to stick around in the competition, I could really REALLY use some more judges...

Thanks BBGal. You have another chance to impress us...

And thanks everyone and see you soon enough and GOOD NIGHT.

No comments:

Post a Comment