Saturday, September 12, 2009

~Ducky's Unofficial Fashion Week Finale Collections~

~BBGal~
I love going to bluegrass music festivals. So for my finale collection I made up a festival... it's in the middle of summer in the mountains and the weather is beautiful :) I made a set for what I would wear on each day of the festival.



The first day is Thursday during the day... which is when I usually like to wander around the festival and explore the scenery and such. So this is an outfit for doing that. :)

Tank- $17 [forever21]
Shorts- $57 [topshop]
Boots- $123 [topshop]
Bag- $82 [topshop]
Necklace- $175 [net-a-porter]
Bracelets- $56 [zappos]
Ring- $13 [topshop]
Pin- $7.99 [girlprops]
Belt- $6.80 [forever21]
Total- $537.79



This outfit is for Friday evening of my music festival... some of my favorite bands are playing, and this is my outfit for sitting under the stars enjoying the music. :)

Dress- $25 [forever21]
Shoes- $46 [topshop]
Bag- $57 [topshop]
Necklace- $29 [topshop]
Ring- $25 [topshop]
Bracelets- $25 [topshop]
Hair pins- $5.80 [forever21]
Earrings- $4.99 [girlprops]
Total- $217.79



This is the outfit for Saturday, the last day of the festival. This is the day where I run around trying to take everything in before I have to leave. The best bands play today, and I might play a little myself... or run off to take some pictures of the mountains. :)

Top- $14 [forever21]
Skirt- $14 [forever21]
Shoes- $11 [topshop]
Bag- $778 [brown's fashion]
Ring- $29 [topshop]
Necklace- $11 [forever 21]
Bracelets- $13 [topshop]
Earrings- $11 [topshop]
Total- $881
Collection Total- $1,636.18


~Tripmywire~

The finale challenge. A collection of three sets. My inspiration? Well, at first I was thinking about major female fashion icons...But, as I'm sure we all know, that's been done so many damn times, it's almost depressing. Then I was thinking about things that have been occupying my time as of late. Unfortunately those things only include work (yay), reading, and catching up on True Blood. Nothing horribly exciting. But then I came to a thought that combined all of these things. Literature, vampires, and fashion icons. Soooooo, why all the build-up?

My collection is inspired by the three brides of Dracula. Whom, by the way, were not known as such in the novel. They were actually just three female vampires. The two dark haired ones were made out to possibly be Dracula's daughters actually. Their appearances were similar to that of Dracula and pointed out to be such, hence the daughter thought.



Anyway, this is the first dark-haired vampire. Obviously I've modernized them, made them fashionable and whatnot. Anyway, I imagined her name would be Cordelia, and she would be the sweet naive one. (As sweet and naive as a vampire could be.) One of the younger ones, most likely from New Orleans, or that type of place.

Outfit Cost

dress 230
belt 30
shoes 89
gloves 16
necklace 20
handbag 230
bracelet 232

Total 847



This is the second of Dracula's "brides". Her name would be Violet. She is the sexy vixen from the 1920s. She likes to dress with an adrogynous twist on a very sexy look. Her beauty can be quite deceiving, as she is probably the most cruel of the brides.

Outfit Cost

pants 120
top 231
shoes 265
necklace 112
handbags 119
earrings 2.80
ring 4.80
ring 5.80

Total 860.40



The third of the brides. The fair haired bride. The oldest of the three, Olivia is from the Victorian age. She leads the other two brides. She is strong and controlled. She is often the one who stands up to Dracula, and she always gets away with it.

Outfit Cost

shoes 149.90
leggings 20
skirt 350
top 38
handbag 22
bracelet 9.80
bracelet 50
bracelet 6.80
bracelet 8.80
ring 85

Total 740.30

A little note: I know I'm probably going to get in trouble for the lack of colour in all of these sets...But I like the look of black and white. There's no colour to distract from the textures and shapes. I also know that somebody, if not everybody isn't going to like that I added the leggings in this set. I know I use them a lot...But I like them a lot. In this set in particular, I like the leather skirt on top of the leather leggings for the unusual texture overlap. Anyway, I hope this is what you lovely ladies wanted.

Final Total 2447.70


~Lola~

Hilary Duff will be joining the cast of Gossip Girl. She will be playing Olivia Burke, a famous actress who leaves Hollywood for the quiet college life. Olivia and Vanessa are roommates. So obviously, this allows Olivia to meet and fall for Dan. [Gossip Girl's always gotta have some sort of complicated romance no?] Although I'm not the biggest Gossip Girl fan, I do love their characters and styling. Thus, for my final collection I decided to act as a stylist for Gossip Girl and create three possible looks for this new character.



This outfit serves as a normal, everyday outfit for Olivia to wear around campus. Whether she's going to class, studying, or just picking up coffee this comfy functional fall outfit will help her to maintain her low-key yet fashionable status.

$123- Shoes
$25- Ring
$749- Sweater
$33- Bag
$74- Jeans
$65- Vest
$3.99- Earrings
$11- Bracelet
-------
$1083.99-- Total



Olivia Burke could wear this on a movie date with Dan.

$56- Bag
$4.80- Ring
$9.80- Black Cuff
$7.80- Peach/Sage Cuff
$139- Shoe
$200- Dress
$235- Vest
--------
652.40 Total



So although I have no idea of what's going to happen with Olivia Burke this season on GG, one can assume that at one point there is going to be a raunchy party [Or at the very least a party where Olivia's Diva persona comes out.] Thus, this is the outfit she would wear to go to a party or club.

As you probably noticed, I tried to keep the indigo color constant for Olivia's outfits. Not only as a means of cohesion, but also it always seems as if GG characters have their own particular trademarks. So perhaps Olivia's could be indigo :]

$15- Necklace
$320- Cuff
$4.80- Ring
$5.80- Sunglasses
$29- Shoe
$16- Ring
$49- Clutch
$46- Dress
$204- Leather Jacket
---------
$689.60 Total

Full Total-- $2425.99


~Incubeautee~

Haute Carnival Couture

I was thinking about Mark Ryden (one of my favorite artists) and remembered his painting, "Magic Circus". So, I decided to do a circus/carnival theme for my collection.



The first look is The Ringmaster. I think the shoes give it that dominatrix like feel with its bondage like straps. The red vest which is worn with the zipper open is sexy and bold. Ringmaster's usually wear top hats. I picked a really special one with a long train for a dramatic effect.
The model who will be wearing this look down the runway is Natalia Vodianova
The music that will play is Circus by Britney Spears.

Costs:

$23 Corset
$25 Blouse
$46 Vest
$33 Leggings
$432 Top Hat
$29 Heels
--------------------
$588 Total



The daring trapeze artist is symbolic of a soaring imagination. And her clothes depict this. She wears bright, flashy, and fun items while she is showing off her acrobatic talents.
Model: Cintia Dicker
Music: Dangerous by Michael Jackson

Costs:

$23 Top
$41 Shorts
$9.90 Suspenders
$5.99 each Tulip Pins (2)
$115 Leggings
$8.50 Flats
$20 Headband
$26 Scarf
-------------------------
$219.48 Total



This is my version of the Bearded Lady. Within each man is woman, and within each woman is the essence of man. So, I combined masculine (black & white tuxedo coloring, bow tie, boyfriend blazer, & shoes that are in the shape of traditional male dress shoes) with feminine (dress, pink, cute earrings, the shoes which have painted toe nails on them) items. I also threw in a /fuzzy/ accent.
Model: Coco Rocha
Music: Sideshow by Blue Magic

Costs:

$74 Blazer
$20 Top
$16 Skirt
$16 Earrings
$767 Shoes
$700 Headpeice
--------------------
$1593 Total
--------------------
--------------------
$2400.48 Grand Total

No comments:

Post a Comment